Shark Week is almost here! Just about everyone is glued to the TV in July for the fascinating programming from Discovery Channel’s Shark Week. I don’t know what it is, but watching shark documentaries is so exciting! Where else can you be on the edge of your seat one minute, then fascinated the next? Add in some fun things for Shark Week like crafts, snacks, and Shark Week activities; then you’ve got some serious family fun! Not to mention the educational value…seriously, don’t mention to the kids that this whole week is educational 😉
Whether you’re looking for ideas to keep your little ones entertained while you wait for the evening’s shows or want some fun things for Shark week to keep the learning going, we’ve got you covered. Here you’ll find a variety of Shark Week activities, which are great for kids of all ages. There are even some yummy treats that everyone can enjoy while they watch! We hope you have an impressive Shark Week!
Fun (and educational) Shark Week Activities
- Create beautiful and functional Shark Bookmarks with Red Ted Art, then use them during reading time. They’d also make great themed decorations at a viewing party!
- Sensory bins are always fun things for Shark Week, and this Shark Sensory Bin from Mommy’s Bundle is perfect for little hands.
- This printable Shark Week Unit Study from Simply Southern Sunshine will help you bring a little learning to your Shark Week activities.
- Wonder how something as big as a shark can float? Find out in this How Sharks Float Science Experiment from Preschool Powol Packets.
- This Circle Shark Craft from Our Kid Things is adorable. It’s simple for little ones and then a fun craft for bigger kids.
- These Shark Printable Activities from Natural Beach Living are a great supplement to enjoy for fun and learning activities. They’re a great balance of learning and fun!
- Watch, then reenact your favorite moments from Shark Week using this Paper Plate Shark Puppet Craft from Kids Craft Room. Such an easy craft to do with little ones.
- Kids love origami, and these simple Shark Cootie Catchers from Easy Peasy and Fun are a perfect Shark Week Activity.
- Upcycle your old newspaper by making this Newspaper Shark Craft from I Heart Crafty Things. Such a cute way to reuse!
- Want some more science Shark Week activities? This Shark Science Activity from Little Bins for Little Hands is a ton of fun and educational, too!
- Play this Find Sharky’s Teeth Printable Game from All For The Boys as a Shark Week activity for your family game night.
- Your Shark Week viewing party needs this fun Shark Attack Punch from Parenting Chaos. Love the cute blue gummy sharks!
- Kick off Shark Week with these tasty Homemade Shark Attack Pop Tarts from Sandy Toes and Popsicles.
- Make these cute Shark Fin Jello Cups from Oh My Organics are a perfect thing for Shark Week party or even a birthday party.
- Finally, these Shark Week Fishing Pole Treats from Craft Create Cook are a perfect snack for little ones while being a great Shark Week activity for older kids.