The theme for this month’s Nature Book Club was Beach, Sand, & Shells. We live in southeastern Ohio and don’t have much access to beaches, so I had to get a bit creative this month. Thankfully we have several seashells & seashore books in our home library so that we could read about the beach, sand, & shells.
This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase an item from one of the affiliate links, I earn a small monetary commission. That is greatly appreciated!! Please see my disclosure and policy page for more information.
Here are the seashell and seashore books that we read:
Seashells by the Seashore by Marianne Berks
The Seashore Book by Charlotte Zolotow
Seashells, Crab, and Sea Stars by Christiane Kump Tibbitts
Seashells by the Seashore was our favorite book to read this month, it inspired our seashell sorting and counting activity.
I have also created these hand-drawn seashells notebooking and coloring pages. You can download your copy in the Printables Resource Library for Subscribers.
Not a subscriber yet, sign up here!
Nature Book Club Monthly Link Up
Seashore Observations Printable Activity from Barbara at Handbook of Nature Study
Seashells by the Seashore | Notebooking Pages from Jenny at Faith & Good Works
Beach Scavenger Hunt from Emily at Table Life Blog
10 Nature Discoveries on the Sandy Shore from Eva at Eva Varga
Seashore Spotter Unit Study & Lapbook from Tina at Tina’s Dynamic Homeschool Plus
Turtle in the Sea Online Book Club from Dachelle at Hide the Chocolate
July Theme: Beach, Sand, & Shells
Nature Book Club is a monthly linkup beginning on the 20th day of each month. It’s a monthly book club devoted to connecting children to nature. There is a theme for each month in 2018 and we welcome your nature book and activity related links!
- Choose an engaging nature book, do a craft or activity, and add your post to our monthly link up.
- The link up party goes live at 9:00 a.m. EST on the 20th of each month and stays open until 11:59 p.m. EST on the last day of the month. Hurry to add your links!
- You can link up to 3 posts.
- Please do not link up advertising posts, advertise other link up parties, your store, or non-related blog posts. They will be removed.
- By linking up with us, you agree for us to share your images and give you credit of course if we feature your posts. That’s it!
- Be sure to follow the hashtag on your favorite social media platform. That’s a great way to connect and check out these projects while they’re in progress!
Here’s where you can link up with us: