Being thankful when life is going well is easy; what about in those times when the circumstances aren’t as great. We have to remember to be thankful in everything, in all situations we may face (1 Thessalonians 5:18). If we find ourselves worrying about finances, a relationship, finding a job, or any other circumstance, we still have to thank God for what he promises and who he is! I thought I would share some of my favorite Scriptures for being thankful!
If you find yourself struggling, I find that these scriptures can help motivate your train of thought to go from being down to being thankful in no time!
I have even created a printable page of these Scriptures for quick reference. You can carry it with you, stick it up on the fridge or a mirror, even stick the printable page in a pretty frame to sit on your desk. You can download the Scriptures for Being Thankful printable page at the end of this post.
Scriptures for Being Thankful In All Circumstances
- For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Ephesians 2:8
- O give thanks unto the Lord; for he is good; for his mercy endureth forever. 1 Chronicles 16:34
- And they sang together by course in praising and giving thanks unto the Lord; because he is good, for his mercy endureth forever toward Israel. And all the people shouted with a great shout, when they praised the Lord, because the foundation of the house of the Lord was laid. Ezra 3:11
- Continue in prayer, and watch in the same with thanksgiving; Colossians 4:2
- Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. John 14:1
- I will praise the Lord according to his righteousness: and will sing praise to the name of the Lord most high. Psalm 7:17
- And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful. Colossians 3:15
- Be careful for nothing; but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. Philippians 4:6
- I will bless the Lord at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth. Psalm 34:1
- Let us come before his presence with thanksgiving, and make a joyful noise unto him with psalms. Psalm 95:2
- Being enriched in every thing to all bountifulness, which causeth through us thanksgiving to God. 2 Corinthians 9:11
- Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name. Psalm 100:4
- For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving: 5 For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer. 1 Timothy 4:4-5
- And say ye, Save us, O God of our salvation, and gather us together, and deliver us from the heathen, that we may give thanks to thy holy name, and glory in thy praise. 1 Thessalonians 5:18
- And say ye, Save us, O God of our salvation, and gather us together, and deliver us from the heathen, that we may give thanks to thy holy name, and glory in thy praise. 1 Chronicles 16:35